Started Mar 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jambalawa
Contributing MemberPosts: 711Gear list
Like?
D800E has 50% more detail than the D800
Mar 20, 2012

A few of us have been surprised at how well the 5D2 holds up to the D800 in the dpr RAW samples. You've got to look a bit close when both images are at the same size (eg if the 5d3 sample is enlarged).

The difference between the two is actually less than the difference we've seen between D800 & D800E 100% crops. Its actually been easier to see the difference in detail between the Nikons.

This is why I kept harping on that the difference was actually quite substantial - although many others just said it wasn't much and it relieved them that they just bought the non E version.

So there you have it. There is more difference in detail between D800 & D800E than D800 and a cam with 2/3 of the pixels!

The lack (or cancelling) of AA filter is making a substantial difference! I'm on a work computer but if I had PS or LR I'd post the crops. Happy for someone else to!

jambalawa's gear list:jambalawa's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +2 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow