Started Mar 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gerry
Forum MemberPosts: 53
Like?
18-105m lens or 16-85mm lens for a D7000 camera
Mar 20, 2012

I have been reading a lot of reviews on the Nikon 18-105mm lens and the Nikon 16-85mm lens. The more reviews I read the more confused I get. In a laboratory, all lenses exhibit at least one or more imperfections.
I am an advanced amateur photographer and take pictures as a hobby.

So here is a summary of what I have found and some decisions that I can make.

1. Buy the Nikon D7000 body only for approximately $1300 and use my 18-70mm Nikon lens that I own, or sell the lens and .....

2. Buy the Nikon D7000 with the 18-105mm lens [kit lens] This lens by itself is approximately $400 but is half price when combined with the camera for a total cost of approximately $1500

3. Buy the Nikon D7000 body and add the 16-85mm lens ($650) for a total cost of $1950 This more expensive lens has a metal mount -- 2mm wider (16mm) but shorter than the 18-105mm lens

My question is if the same photo were made with both lenses, and printed as an 8X10 photo could you tell which lens was used. If you looked at the same photo [ taken by both lenses ] on your computer could you tell them apart? Are they both sharp or is the 16-85mm lens truly a superior lens in every way and deffinetely worth the extra money

If you own both lenses I would like to hear you opinion as to which one is better or your prefer in everyday photography

-- hide signature --

Gerald

Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow