Safe to get the 45-175mm to use with Olympus body?

Started Mar 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Biggstr
Forum MemberPosts: 51
Like?
Disappointed in the Panasonic 45-175mm
In reply to razorfish, Mar 19, 2012

I transitioned from a Nikon system to MFT last summer. I now use Olympus P-2 and PL3 camera bodies with an E-M5 on order. I have an assortment of Olympus and Panasonic lenses, including the Panasonic 14mm, 20mm, and 45-175mm ... and the Olympus 17mm, 45mm, 14-42mm and 40-150mm lenses. I'm typically out with my cameras every day with a photo expedition to somewhere almost every Saturday.

I'm satisfied with all of my lenses except the Panasonic 45-175mm. I occasionally get double images at slow shutter speeds with (if the blogs are right) the Panasonic OIS automatically disabled and Olympus IBIS active. I've combed the blogs for an understanding of and a solution to the problem without result. My take is that either Panasonic did not do their homework on this lens, or that this is perhaps a case in which a Panasonic lens does not work well with an Olympus body. Based on this experience, I'm staying away from Panasonic "X" lenses.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow