Some foggy pictures from Oxford

Started Mar 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mikael Kaplar
Regular MemberPosts: 226Gear list
Like?
Re: Some foggy pictures from Oxford
In reply to nzmacro, Mar 19, 2012

Thank you guys for checking out my pictures. I am really glad that you all enjoyed them.

Five month ago I was shooting with one of the big two makers and did not have any knowledge about Sony´s offerings. Of course I heard of the A900 but never really checked it out. Last september I had an assignment to go up a very high chimney and take a panorama shot of a large quarry. I knew that I wasn´t carry up my heavy DSLR, tripod, panoramic head and fiddle with the nodal point up there in the strong wind.

Just a week earlier I read about the Nex 5 cameras and I bought one just for this occasion.

My choice of lens was the 18-200 SEL because of it´s long range. The panorama came out beautiful and I found myself shooting almost the hole day with the little Nex.

My customer was looking at my small camera a couple of time but since I am a professional advertising photographer - he said nothing.

To make the long story short - I (and my advertising agency) was so pleased with the images that one month later I sold all my DSLR gear - two bodies , flashes and more than ten pro lenses and switched completely to Sony.

Now I own one Nex 5, two Nex 5n, one Nex 7 and one A77 with all the Zeiss lenses from Sony´s lineup and as the saying goes I am a happy camper.

Hope you all enjoy your little Sony´s as much as I do - and thanks again to you all!

-- hide signature --

Regards
Mikael

Mikael Kaplar's gear list:Mikael Kaplar's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony SLT-A99 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow