Care to talk me out of cancelling my 5D3 pre-order?

Started Mar 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
greenlander
Regular MemberPosts: 256
Like?
Care to talk me out of cancelling my 5D3 pre-order?
Mar 19, 2012

I hate threads like these, but when you find yourself in the situation that causes them to be created, it's hard not to give in.

I have no issues with the 5D3. I've not fallen prey to any of the doom and gloom being posted here rampantly lately.

Simply, I've realized that as much as I'd love the improved AF, better weather sealing and improved high ISO on the 5D3 (amongst other things), I can put that 2k (5D3-selling 5D2) to better use.

For that 2k I can buy the Canon 8-15mm L fisheye and have $800+ leftover for a second lens. Or, I can roll with the kit I have and go on a week long vacation some place that I'll return from with images I'll treasure forever.

Still ... I want that new 5D3.

I'm pretty sure this is sound reasoning, but anyone who wants to tell me otherwise is more than welcome.

Having ordered within the first 45 minutes or so after B&H starting taking pre-orders, I need to pull the plug today or that thing's going out the door.

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
EasyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow