I have completely lost the plot here.

Started Mar 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
warpfoo
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Re: I have completely lost the plot here.
In reply to Walter, Mar 19, 2012

I would argue that what you are discussing isn't that you have 'lost the plot', but that the folks swapping platforms or complaining about MP/noise have. Losing the plot means getting off plan, or getting confused about the desired path and outcome.

I have a pair or older Canons and a pretty comprehensive set of lenses. All of this talk of switching over to Nikon, or that Nikon is somehow so vastly superior that people must absolutely switch now is ludicrous.

Folks seem to have a very short memory when it comes to photographic equipment. Prior to the release of the D3, everyone was pontificating on how Nikon was inferior, and that without a FF sensor, they were doomed. I mean, look at all of those white lenses at sporting events!

And today, based on a pair of camera releases, Canon is the proverbial runner-up. This malaise will last until the 5Dx (or the 3D!... or whatever the unicorn dust and rainbow reveals the name to be) is released.

When that happens we'll get to revisit the chorus of switchers stampeding back to Canon...

Nope, you haven't lost the plot.

m

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow