Started Mar 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Raskolnikow90
Junior MemberPosts: 25Gear list
Like?
Reverse Macro and Stepup/down Rings
Mar 18, 2012

Hi i got a gf-1 with the 20mm a few days ago and i wanted to have the possibility to get some macro shots, with a "cheap" lineup...

i fought to get a mft reverse adapter for that lense (46mm) but wouldnt it be cheaper to get a bigger adapter and use some stepdown rings? So i can use the same adapter with different lenses il get in the future...

-what diameter for such an adapter yould u recommend?
Marty4650 made a nice mft lens overview
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1041&thread=40938009

then how would the stepdown rings affect the magnification?

the 20mm is wide, reversed it should have a great magnification, but it could be overkill...

when a normal lense is used with macro tubes, it gains magnification, then a reversed lens should have less magnification with the enlarged sensor-lense distance of the stepdown rings?

also i could get an oldschool lense (50mm??? or what u recommend) where i can set aperture and focus on the lense itself, that should be less annoying then setting the aperture with the cam everytime...

to make it short =), how does the focal length and the "stepdown Rings" affect the ??? magnification or field of view ??? of the picture when the lens itselfe is reversed.

thx for your help and i hope you had a nice weekend

Raskolnikow90's gear list:Raskolnikow90's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow