Best budget lens for my new Canon T2i???

Started Mar 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
beagle1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,713
Like?
Re: Best budget lens for my new Canon T2i???
In reply to DoctorPDA, Mar 18, 2012

DoctorPDA wrote:

I'm buying a D-SLR for first time (Canon T2i). I've done a lot of reading and still confused about the best "budget" lens to get. Majority of my photos are indoors such as portraits of family/baby or in museums (low light), etc..., and also a lot of landscape photos. My goal is to have super sharp crisp photos (hopefully better quality than my Canon point and shoot), and also portraits/macros with excellent bokeh. I plan to spend about $500 USD on the camera body, and $250 to $500 USD on the lenses, for now.

I'm loooking at the Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 ($500 USD). Will it give me better quality and is it worth the extra $250 USD as compared with the Kit Lens Canon 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 IS ($120 USD), combined with the Canon 50 mm f/1.8 for portraits with bokeh ($120)???

The Tamron 17-50 2.8 non-vc is a good upgrade but also consider spending a little more and look at the newer Sigma 17-50 2.8 OS HSM. The 50mm 1.8 is good for portraits and low light pics but many prefer a longer focal length for portraits

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow