Started Mar 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
stern
Senior MemberPosts: 1,666Gear list
Like?
Re: Q beats K20D in IQ
In reply to John Sheehy, Mar 18, 2012

John Sheehy wrote:

stern wrote:

Check this out: very impressive performance by the Q. I also posted this on the DSLR site (as it also relates to the K20D). Thus, I apologize for any cross-posting.

http://www . pentaxforums. com/forums/pentax-q-forum/177309-pentax-q-da300mm.html#post1864106

This is the kind of stuff that came to my mind when I heard the announcements of the Q. I have long recognized that DSLR lenses have far more resolution than the coarse sensors that DSLRs sport can even begin to take advantage of. It makes me laugh when people question whether DSLR lenses, diffraction, or anyone's technique are up to the 4.8 micron pixel pitch of the 36MP Nikon D800, when people are getting sharp shots with pixels up to 10x to 16x as dense. I look forward to the day when someone makes a body that can use my EOS lenses with full aperture control, contrast-detect AF, and power the image stabilizer in the lens, with small pixels like this, instead of using or even stacking TCs with the official EOS bodies. Canon, and the other major DSLR makers are ignoring a huge market gap, IMO. Although many potential users would balk at first, due to unfounded biases against pixel density, the results from other people would eventually win them over.

This isn't just about Pentax and the Q, this is about a new way of approaching serious telephoto and macro work. i wish you guys would show stuff like this in the "Open Talk" forum where it would get more exposure.

-- hide signature --

John

Thats an interesting posting! You should post that on the "pro" (DSLR) forum.
Regards,
Stephan

-- hide signature --
 stern's gear list:stern's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-7 HD Pentax-DA 20-40mm F2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow