Clip for SLR straps? Need easy removal when necessary.

Started Mar 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jag64551
Regular MemberPosts: 108Gear list
Like?
Clip for SLR straps? Need easy removal when necessary.
Mar 18, 2012

So, I'm sure I'm just missing something obvious, but I need clips or something similar for my Canon cameras (5D/7D), so that when I want to use the stock strap I can, but then if I want to switch to my R-Strap, I can without undoing the stock Canon strap. Would be nice to be able to just unclip the stock strap when necessary. It would need to be something low profile and not noisy (plastic/metal making a lot of noise when carrying the camera).

I tried the Lowepro Speedster, http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/459159-REG/Lowepro_LP34957_0EU_Speedster_Camera_Neck_Strap.html , and it was just too clunky and the plastic clips made all kinds of noise when walking around/moving the camera in any way. It also wasn't exactly what I was looking for, as when you unclip the strap, you still have pieces hanging off of the camera.

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

jag64551's gear list:jag64551's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow