New MBP purchase

Started Mar 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dave Thompson Contributing Member • Posts: 805
New MBP purchase

Hi, I'm looking for some advice on a MBP purchase but unsure which model/spec will fit my needs. I'm thinking of maybe the 13 inch base model or 15 inch 2.2 I will probably buy the 27 inch thunderbolt display for working at home. ( I know it's expensive but just love the quality)

I run Aperture, CS4 and with some foreign trips coming up I do need something portable. My main question is, does the 13 inch model have enough processing power to run Aperture and be fairly quick at handling/processing files, in the field and also with the 27 inch display. Mainly use a Nikon D300 and D7000. I realise there are some new models being launched next month but from what I have heard they are to be along the lines of the Air range which is not what I want. Would you also recommend the 7200 rpm drive?

I would upgrade ram myself to 8 GIG. I currently have a late 2009 21 inch iMac which has been great but something more flexible is now needed. Don't think you can run the MBP through that screen.

I appreciate any advice or feedback on anyone using this type of combination.

Regards, dave
--
http://davidrthompson.zenfolio.com/

Dave Thompson's gear list:Dave Thompson's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +13 more
Nikon D300 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow