Started Mar 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
maferna
Junior MemberPosts: 47Gear list
Like?
Oh no; another a57 vs a65 thread...
Mar 18, 2012

Sorry, but have to ask the same question, as the answer is still unclear from other threads, and will still be unclear until the camera is actually tested, but maybe you guys could help me out based on experiences from other cameras that have the same sensor as a57...

I want to make the jump to DSLR, but want to avoid buying the "wrong" camera again; I have bought and sold four cameras over the course of 1.5 years: FZ35, NEX5, LX5 and XZ-1, and have taken a loss on each one of them. While they were all great cameras, none fulfilled my needs.

What I am looking for is:

Good low light performance. Mostly indoor pictures with kids.
Fast focusing to capture my fast-moving toddlers, both indoors and outdoors.
Friendly user interface that also allows me to grow and learn with the camera.

I had decided on the A65 as I really liked how it felt in my hands vs the a55 ( I have small hands, but even then I much prefer the feeling of the A65), but then the A57 came along...

I guess I would like the better EVF and GPS of the A65 but not at the expense of the "better"sensor from the A57.

Based on others' experiences with the 16mp vs 24mp cameras, which one would fit my needs better? I am dead set in getting the 16-50 2.8 SSM for either...

The price difference is not an issue. Yes, $200 is $200, but I do not want to make the same mistake again of not getting what I should have had gotten in the very beginning, which ends up being more expensive...

I just want to make a decision, and stop spending my weekends thinking on what to get instead of enjoying life...

So, long story short, should I wait for the A57, or just get the A65?

Thanks!

maferna's gear list:maferna's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Sony SLT-A65 Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow