Panasonic 45-175 serial number / edge doubling problem thread

Started Mar 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
axlotl
Contributing MemberPosts: 674
Like?
Re: Panasonic 45-175 serial number / edge doubling problem thread
In reply to phototransformations, Mar 18, 2012

Sorry I did not keep a record of the serial number. I bought a PZ 45-175 in November 2011. There was severe double imaging with OIS switched on or off. It was so bad I never had a chance to figure if the problem was shutter speed related, it appeared to affect all shutter speeds. Worst case was at 175mm with the camera on a sturdy tripod and OIS switched off. That is not a typo, the problem was worst with OIS off. Of course the OIS mechanism is never actually off, you can hear it running whenever the camera is powered up. I assume the OIS lens group floats in an electromagnetic field. I returned the lens to B&H as faulty and received a refund. I subsequently bought a 45-200 which has shown no evidence of OIS problems in about 1000 shots so far. The 14-45 also has no apparent problems with OIS after about 1000 shots. I still want to try again with the PZ45-175 but have seen no acknowlegement from Panasonic that there is a problem and how they plan to fix it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow