Best workflow for using iPad without laptop for photos?

Started Mar 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
jkr77
Junior MemberPosts: 44Gear list
Like?
Re: Best workflow for using iPad without laptop for photos?
In reply to Erik Magnuson, Mar 18, 2012

Erik Magnuson wrote:

jkr77 wrote:

I got the iPad3 yesterday and for the life of me I cant believe there isnt a simple way to Transfer my photos to the pad.

It's called the camera connection kit and will read photos from a SD card or a USB mass storage device as long as it does not draw power from the USB port.

Thanks for the info. Still confused, can I transfer directly from PC to iPad using this "kit". Drag and drop? Or is this strictly for cards/drives with a DCIM folder.. Thus meaning no folder by date support? I have over a TB of files I'd like to selectively put certain files on the iPad not everything.

Using the highly touted iPhoto app it seems very powerfiul BUT you cant even zoom in to 100% to discern the detail of your shots.

You should be able to in iPhoto if the images are copied in full resolution -- I do this on my iPad. There is also a "loupe" that can show 1-1 (press two fingers on an image.)

I'm looking at full resolution files and it does not zoom in 100 % .. Not even close.

You can see JPG and RAW files independently, view the fullsize files (something you can't easy on the iPad), view EXIF, copy from USB key

You can do all of this - you just need the right software (e.g. Photosmith)

copy files around, rename files, copy to and from a harddrive or USB key and much more.

This is what you can't do.

-- hide signature --

Erik

jkr77's gear list:jkr77's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow