5D Mark III $ 3500.00 and No Auto Focus ?

Started Mar 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vinovino06
Regular MemberPosts: 175Gear list
Like?
5D Mark III $ 3500.00 and No Auto Focus ?
Mar 18, 2012

Other cameras costing a lot less than the new 5D Mark III come with autofocus where the camera automatically refocuses as needed basically following the subject and keeping it in perfect focus at all times. The new mirrorless cameras , Canon's G12 and its new G1X all have it as a standard feature which can be disabled if you choose to do so.

Auto focus is a very nice feature that allows the shooter to be ready at all times and never miss a shot while you are now waiting for the camera to focus after the shutter has been pressed half way.

Canon had this technology in hand before releasing the 5D Mark III but choose not to include it.

In my opinion the 5D Mark III continues to fall short of expectations for $ 3500.00 I expected a lot more from Canon.

I upgraded from the orginal 5D 12 MP to the 5D Mark II at 21 MP because of the MP increase. I am now not inclined or excited about the 5D Mark III at 22 MP at a much higher price.

The way I see it as technology gets better , camera manufactures should be able to offer more camera for less as their overall production cost decreases.

I had to sell over $ 1000.00 worth of used lenses and trade in my orginal 5D just to be able to afford the 5D Mark II.

By selling the new 5D Mark III at $3500.00 Canon has placed owning a full frame camera out of reach for the average consumer.

Vino Vino 06

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon PowerShot G12
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow