Father Anderson
Contributing MemberPosts: 880Gear list
Like?
Re: not very happy with Nikon customer's support
In reply to Deleted1929, Mar 18, 2012

sjgcit wrote:

Paying software developers is expensive

I'm a software developer.

Paying bad software developers is expensive. Paying good ones pays for itself.

All camera companies have appallingly poor attitude to software, despite the fact it's essential for making the most of their products. Their attitude to firmware development is little better. End users seem to be the last people the code is aimed at, much less tested with. It seems to be "take it or leave it".

Nikon's Capture NX has, from what I've read on the Digital Darkroom forum here, about the worst track record of any image processing software.

-- hide signature --

StephenG

.....................................................................................

I really enjoy using some of the NIK software...at my buddy s house! But for me...I'll do without simply because of the update problem !

The last time they made new discs was over 4-years ago! They expect the Customer to update the last four years worth instead of occasionally making a few new discs...for $599!

Give me a break, I mean give us a minimum of Customer Service !

Father Anderson's gear list:Father Anderson's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony 50mm F2.8 Macro +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow