After the disappointing 5D3 price, looking to come back to M4/3s, however....

Started Mar 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Spoonboy
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
After the disappointing 5D3 price, looking to come back to M4/3s, however....
Mar 17, 2012

My love is landscape togging. With the new Oly OM-D, I feel this camera has all the IQ and features I will ever need. I've held one and used it too- it is a beautiful camera.

I amazes me how quickly the m43 system has matured too - the lens line up now is amazing. I dumped m43 for Canon DSLR kit in July 2010. There are so many good lens choices -I loved the 20 1.7 so would pick that up, and the 45/1.8 looks like a cracking lens too. I would look at using the 9-18 as my landscape lens.

However, my main concern is filters. With almost all of my landscape photopgrahy, I use one or more of the following: 3/6/10 stop full ND, 1/2/3 stop ND Grads, Circular Polarisers.

although I could use step down threads, it just seems silly, all my kit at the moment generally fits 77mm threads. Sticking a 150x100 filter on a tiny lens just seems silly too.

how are you landscape m43 togs getting on?

Does anyone know if any reputable filter companies make a filter system that caters more towards the smaller m43 thread size?

Thanks

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow