Non-pros - has the D800 killed your desire for a D4?

Started Mar 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
atamola
Regular MemberPosts: 148
Like?
Re: Non-pros - has the D800 killed your desire for a D4?
In reply to PHXAZCRAIG, Mar 17, 2012

Yes, quite.

Actually, for an amateur like me a body like the D4 weights on the negative side. Of course, from time to time you would like to play with the big toys, but in fact I always shied away from battery grips (D90, D700, D7000).

I actually used very little -if anything - the "fast" burst mode with my cameras. I actually remember shooting a rugby match with my D40 and I had no problem in anticipating the moment (truth, I played rugby and that helps).

As many, I've downloaded the available nef files for the D4, and D800, and I was very surprise with them. The advantage of the D800 in terms of resolution at low ISOs is undisputable. At 1600 and 3200 the D800 is head to head to the D4 -marginally behind in terms of noise with sensible post processing, but still ahead in terms of resolving power.

So, yes, it has removed my cravings for a D4 sensor in a small body. At least until proven otherwise with respect to IQ once the real tests start (real test = people using it all over and finding those differences that still nobody thinks of)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes.New
Yes.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow