Started Mar 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Alokchitri
Forum MemberPosts: 79Gear list
Like?
Re: Help me to differentiate between Kenko TCs
In reply to wy2lam, Mar 17, 2012

Thanks folks for your replies...

@wy2lam

I believe DGX goes with MC4 whereas the Pro 300 is followed by "DG" only..
So are you recommending that I should go for the Pro 300?

So which one adjusts the AV automatically- Pro 300 or MC4 ? And what exactly do you mean by "Adjusts AV automatically"?

wy2lam wrote:
I'ved owned both the
1. TelePlus Pro 300, and the
2. TelePlus Pro 300 DGX

Optically they're identical. DGX automatically adjust your AV, so it's what I kept.

Not sure how the MC4 fares, but the MC4 is a 4 element design and the Pro is the 5 element design - usually for the 'same product' from the same manufacturer, more elements = higher optical quality.

I'd go with the DGX, but go for the DG Pro 300 DGX instead of the MC4 DGX.

Alokchitri wrote:

Hello Friends

I came across the following two Kenko 1.4x Teleconverters:

1.   Kenko Teleplus DG Pro 300 1.4X Teleconverter ( http://www.smartshoppers.in/product/kenko-teleplus-mc4-af-14x-dgx-teleconverter-for-nikon/ )

2.   Kenko TelePlus MC4 AF 1.4X DGX Teleconverter ( http://www.smartshoppers.in/product/kenko-teleplus-dg-pro-300-14x-teleconverter-/ )

I intend to buy a 300 f4 AF-S Nikkor lens for my D90 with which I would like to use a 1.4x TC. After a lengthy discussion here and elsewhere, it seems that this combination will produce the sharpest IQ for least of the investment .

But I am not sure which of these two TCs is better optically . I found one German page which compared TCs and they declared the DGX is the best one. The DGX also costs about 40% less .

So please tell me:

1. Which of the above TCs will be better Optically with the lens I mentioned?

2. Are these Kenko TCs at par with the Nikon TC 14E II/14E? The Nikon's one will costs simply double of Kenko and also will not be useable with any Third Party Lenses, that much I am sure of.

Please help

Thank you

Alokchitri's gear list:Alokchitri's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow