not very happy with Nikon customer's support

Started Mar 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Leonard Migliore
Forum ProPosts: 10,265Gear list
Like?
Two separate issues
In reply to Berghof, Mar 17, 2012

Berghof wrote:

It took about three months and 5 different Nikon "experts" [many hours on the phone] and finally today I was given an explanation why Capture NX [which I purchased some 4 years ago ] won't work on my new imac.The whole three months I was being advised how to uninstall and reinstall and use this number key and another number key and then asked to while and be patient before a new technician will create a new working key and yes today a fellow named Raphael after some investigation simply told me "sorry, the older version of Capture NX won't work on your imac and you have to buy new version of NX2.You know what I would show Nikon people if they could see my hand. I just thanked him instead for a fabulous service and help and hanged my phone. I won't spend a penny for Nikon product unless I really really have to.I'm not sure I would get much better treatment from any other corporation , now days they all act with too much arrogance.And that's my rant for the day.

Whether it's good or bad, it's typical that old software won't work on new systems and new software won't work on old systems. But it's completely unconscionable for anyone at Nikon service not to know immediately what versions work on what systems; there should be a screen that lists all that.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Migliore

Leonard Migliore's gear list:Leonard Migliore's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow