not very happy with Nikon customer's support

Started Mar 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ZorSy
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,082Gear list
Like?
Re: not very happy with Nikon customer's support
In reply to Berghof, Mar 17, 2012

Berghof wrote:

It took about three months and 5 different Nikon "experts" [many hours on the phone] and finally today I was given an explanation why Capture NX [which I purchased some 4 years ago ] won't work on my new imac.The whole three months I was being advised how to uninstall and reinstall and use this number key and another number key and then asked to while and be patient before a new technician will create a new working key and yes today a fellow named Raphael after some investigation simply told me "sorry, the older version of Capture NX won't work on your imac and you have to buy new version of NX2.You know what I would show Nikon people if they could see my hand. I just thanked him instead for a fabulous service and help and hanged my phone. I won't spend a penny for Nikon product unless I really really have to.I'm not sure I would get much better treatment from any other corporation , now days they all act with too much arrogance.And that's my rant for the day.
--
Berghof G.C.

I'm running Win XP on one and Win2000 on another laptop as my dye-sub printers had no drivers written since (Tektronix Phaser 450 and 480X). SO the same with some other hardware and software for scanner, Eye1 profiler - but I don't blame manufacturer.. Tek is long time gone, might be obsolete but at least it runs fine - and saved me some money too. My NX2 runs fine on XP and I KNOW if I want 64 bit WIn7 I have to pay - which I'm not going to do, my choice. But, I'm a PC guy and can choose what OS to use. In my case, Win7, XP, ME... one happy home network which works!

In your case - you really,really have to spend money on NX2 and other companies are no different. Things easily go obsolete these days....

ZorSy's gear list:ZorSy's gear list
Nikon D7100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow