Started Mar 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ianbrown
Senior MemberPosts: 1,854
Like?
Have Canon made a huge mistake?
Mar 17, 2012

I sold my Canon 5DMK2 and lenses a couple of months ago, in anticipation of new cameras coming out.

I have no brand loyalty having had Nikon, Sony and Canon cameras over the years.

However this is the first time in the past 6 years I have been a member of his site that I see high levels of discontent with Canon people.

I would buy any make of camera if it ticked the boxes but I understand brand loyalty, but this time it looks as if Nikon have the edge with the D800?

One question, is the D800 just about the 36mp?

I don't get why both manufacturers have gone for such a radical change.

Nikon have always been low pixel and now they have trebled it.

Canon have added a few but you won't notice a difference.

These are very interesting times and it will be fascinating to see how it all turns out.

One this is that if you don't have any glass the worlds your oyster.

Interestingly Apple launched the iPad 3 in the UK yesterday. The iPad 2 you couldnt get for weeks. IMO the iPad 3 has similar "tweaks" to that of the MK111, yesterday you could order an iPad 3 and get it delivered today. Are manufacturers taking the pixx and the customer is now no longer falling for the hype?

Ian

Canon EOS 5D Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow