3 year retrospective of kids

Started Mar 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Barney Hamilton
Forum MemberPosts: 59Gear list
Like?
Re: 3 year retrospective of kids
In reply to mkrish, Mar 17, 2012

mkrish wrote:

Great pictures. This is how I want my pictures to look like. Has three and half-year and one month old. Hope my pictures will be close to yours soon. Regret that I don't get much time to play around. Can you please post your gear?
Again, great pictures.

Thank you!

On the gear, of course I can:

The camera body was a 1D Mark II throughout.

Photos on spreads 1-28 are pretty much all shot with a 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS lens, focal length normally set to about 80-100mm. I found it to be a great portrait lens until I discovered the 85mm f/1.2L II - and it still is, given the versatility it provides, and the speed of focusing (great for kids moving).

Photos on spreads 29-40 are all shot with an 85mm f/1.2L II lens, with apertures ranging from 1.2 to 5.6.

Photos with a white background (spreads 3,4,7,13,15,16,26 [trees were photoshopped in afterwards on 26] ) were shot inside using a Lastolite Hilite - http://www.lastolite.com/hilite-backgrounds.php - and Bowens Gemini flashes inside the hilite and front/side lit with various forms of diffusers.

The outside shots normally have a bit of fill in flash from a Speedlite 550EX, mainly to try to give some catchlights in the eyes.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Thanks for looking!

Barney Hamilton's gear list:Barney Hamilton's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow