ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
picsrk
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Sony alpha 580 owners
Mar 16, 2012

Hello All,

This is my first post here and I would be new to the world of DSLR from next week.

Reason: I ordered Sony A580 from ebay in europe and it should be delivered next week.

I should probably have posted before ordering the camera, but I have been reading the posts here and on flickr forums. It sometimes amazes me how very few reviews are posted on Sony A580 and how little attention it has got from social communities (CNET doesn't even have a review for this camera). I think it is partly because sony released it along A55 which is a more revolutionary camera.

I had shortlisted Canon 600D, Nikon D5100, Sony A55 and Sony A580 - I went with Sony A580. I hope I made the right choice. I think (based on reading reviews) - that it is the best camera out of the lot (except AF in Video), but I always feel disappointed with so little information/reviews on internet about this camera (youtube as well only has very few videos).

I want to know if there is a community of this camera owners I can share with and can suggestions and know more about this camera and also some support that my choice was not wrong (afterall it has been discontinued now). One of my major worries being - would new lenses made for A77 and upper - would they support A580 or I would be left with current/past set of lenses?

Thanks,
Rohit

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Nikon D5100 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A58 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow