Started Mar 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Aberoni
Regular MemberPosts: 188Gear list
Like?
My Sonystyle USA buying experience
Mar 16, 2012

Like a lot of you I booked the E50mm F1.8 lens last year, waiting months for the delivery. This time I bought the lens at sonystyle.com USA. Since no exact delivery date was advised, I have been calling their customer service and check the update status of my order from time to time. Last week I called them again and their representative apologized for the very late delivery and offered me courier shipment at their cost, though still no exact delivery date was mentioned.

Today I checked their website again and found that my order has been cancelled. I cannot believe my eyes!!! I called them and their representative told me since the order was placed long time ago, the PayPal authorization has already been expired in Feb, 2012 and their system automatically cancelled my order when they started to process the payment. They also advised nothing they can do except placing a new order for me and the shipment will be the end of month.

I talked with the manager and he also refused to do anything for this case except to place a new order. He was trying to explain Paypal 's problem is not their problem, Flood in Thailand's problem is not their problem etc. etc. I would like to add how the customer feel is not their problem too, this is the SonyStyle customer service.

I think I need to write a letter of complain to the head office of Sony US and Japan regarding this case. Anybody know where I could send the letter?

Pentax Optio E50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow