Started Mar 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Steven Sax
Regular MemberPosts: 445Gear list
Like?
I think the G1 X is completely unique
Mar 16, 2012

I've got a lovely DSLR with too many lenses, and I have a canon s90. Also had a micro 4/3 with lots of lenses that I gave to my son who takes wonderful images with them. HOWEVER, just got back from a wonderful trip to France and Portugal, and lugging around my DSLR was a real chore. I'd take two or three lenses, and got lovely shots, but then I started wondering, I'd like:

a. a relatively reasonable sensor size
b. adequate low light capabilities

c. one lens to lead them all (don't want to commit tobuy multiple lenses again and then have to lug them around)
d. relatively small size

I am amazed that this camera is really in its own class. Ken Rockwell says get a 3ti and kit lens, but then I've got to get another lens to cover out to 120mm...

This is the camera that I'll keep with me at all times. (Well, most times....) Still love my DSLR, but I don't have to be exclusive in all my relationships, right?

-- hide signature --

steve

Steven Sax's gear list:Steven Sax's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D300S Nikon D4 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +8 more
Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon PowerShot S90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow