Any difference ?: 22MPs or 36 MPs?

Started Mar 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
sarmatian
Forum MemberPosts: 83Gear list
Like?
Re: Any difference ?: 22MPs or 36 MPs?
In reply to lightmagic, Mar 16, 2012

at first i apologise if another user wrote the same stuff, as i did not check all the posts.

recently i posted a similar message for a different subject. if you like to shoot under the bright light the difference could be small. you can check this with picture samples on the net for both cameras. or just check an open air image in d800's official page then you can see it.

but for low light 36 MP has definitely got an advantage, in particular with nikon's good lenses. i saw d800's samples with iso 6400 under low light and it was simply marvelous. more than this they cropped the image and this new picture is also amazing.

http://scottkelby.com/2012/cliff-mautner-on-the-nikon-d800/

so, another feature for you: if you like to crop your pictures instead of zooming, d800 is much more an adequate choice for you.

if you are at a stage to pick one of them; get a d800. because its price is also ok compared to mark iii. i must say that may be first time in the history of this competition nikon made a greal deal.

my personal opinion? i don't need that kind of a large sensor.

sarmatian's gear list:sarmatian's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7000 Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow