Started Mar 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
breivogel
Senior MemberPosts: 1,185Gear list
Like?
LX5 Thumbwheel problems
Mar 16, 2012

For the second time, the thumbwheel on my LX5 needs to be replaced. It seems that with long use, the wheel eventually stops being able to increment/decrement settings. Right now it is stuck at -3ev exposure compensation and can not be changed. In manual mode, it is not possible to change the shutter or f stop.

I never had this problem with my lx3 (with the joystick. I think that dirt and lint gets drawn down into the mechanism and jams it up somehow. Probably poor sealing of the electrical contacts. This camera is heavily used (20000+ - clicks), under a wide variety of outdoor conditions. I also find the dual function of the wheel (push in, as well as turn) to be problematic, especially when wearing gloves.

Hopefully, the LX6 will be a bit better. The Square trade warranty has turned out to be a good investment for $63 !

breivogel's gear list:breivogel's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D5100 Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +5 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow