ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DAVID MANZE
Senior MemberPosts: 1,445Gear list
Like?
Difficulty in withdrawing SD card K5
Mar 16, 2012

Hi guys

I went to withdraw my SD card from my new K5 which I have heard is fiddly at the best of times, I couldn't remove it with my fingers it seemed to be stuck in there. well finally I got it out with a pair of long nosed pliers. The next time the same thing,I had to pull it out carefully, it was not so much tight, as caught by something. Examining the card slot whilst pulling out the card it was definitively being held by what felt like a clip,I looked at the card ,it didn't look to thick( I have cards where the added label made it a tight fit) No, it was the little "notch" in the card on the opposite side of the slide lock, a quick file to make the edges at 45 degrees and now the clip in the card carrier doesn't grip excessively and the card comes out with my fingers.

I had this problem with the K20 which I had to send it back for a new card carrier.
--
Dave's clich├ęs

DAVID MANZE's gear list:DAVID MANZE's gear list
Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 +14 more
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow