E-PL3 blur issues with IBIS

Started Mar 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
oluv
Senior MemberPosts: 1,972Gear list
Like?
Re: Yes, the existing IBIS sucks
In reply to Louis_Dobson, Mar 16, 2012

Louis_Dobson wrote:

Same system in E3 and E5, no complaints there. Big sensor / small camera, don't shake it about with IS.

with other words if you mount the E-PL3 on a heavy tripod, there shouldn't be any motion blur either?

i rather think that the shutter is too tightly coupled with the IS, and the shutter causes the sensor to shake.

i have 2 E-PL3 in front of me, both even sound differently if you release the shutter with the same lens and the same settings, i recorded an AAC-file with my iphone, that you can find here: http://datenkeule.de/dl.php?file=file1331829561Verschluss-EPL3.m4a

i mean both cameras are equal, so they should take the same images and "sound" equal as well? but the one sounds more hollow. there is definitely not enough damping between shutter and sensor.

this is what probably also causes all the problems with the x14-42 lens.

oluv's gear list:oluv's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow