E-PL3 blur issues with IBIS

Started Mar 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
oluv
Senior MemberPosts: 1,972Gear list
Like?
Re: Yes, the existing IBIS sucks
In reply to sigala1, Mar 16, 2012

thanks for this link, i was not aware of that issue, at least i only thought it would occur with tripods, but tripods with 1/100 don't make much sence except with longer focal-lenghts. i am not a tripod type of shooter, i shoot mostly hand held and i noticed directly that there was something fishy going on.

when i was comparing the GF2 to the E-PL3 i noticed lots of images, where the E-PL3 was softer although the IBIS should even help.

the main argument for me was IBIS to keep the E-PL3. but as it is now it seems pretty useless for me as it doesn't seem to be that effective at shutter speeds below 1/20 and it already seems to cause problems at speeds above 1/50, so why let it turned on at all?

as this seems to be quite an old topic already, was there any statement about this from olympus?

oluv's gear list:oluv's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow