Started Feb 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Senior MemberPosts: 1,956
I suppose adjusting the projected framelines is enough to enable optical VF
In reply to MoreorLess, Mar 16, 2012

MoreorLess wrote:

RoyGBiv wrote:

MBell wrote:

I love the x10 zoom lens and would love a similar zoom for an x1pro rather than buying fixed lenses. How long will I need to wait and do we know anything about the zooms eg size, weight, manual, how will the optical viewfinder cope.....?

What do they intend to do with the hybrid O/EVF w/ the zooms on it?? Just skip it altogether? If I'm not mistaken, they'll have some sorting out to do wrt what the OVF shows & what the EVF shows...and it won't be "matched."

-- hide signature --

'I have no responsibilities here whatsoever'

I seem to remember hearing a Fuji UK exec claim that the zoom lenses with be EVF only although the comments werent reportered much so maybve they were wrong/misquoted?

My guess is that Fuji is going to launch a second body latter this year at a lower price without the OVF and have the rumoured 18-72mm f/4 as its kit lens. Probabley not something really cheap but perhaps to be near to the same market as the NEX7/OM-D?

Interesting guess. I can see that happening too.

Now that I have a better sense of how the frame lines project, I think all they would really have to do is shrink/enlargen the projected frame lines on the hybrid Optical view. It would get the job done, albeit it would be a little useless on the long end, given how small the box would become. I seem to recall them saying that the OVF would offer two magnifications, which would help keep the frame lines reasonably large in the viewfinder at the longer focal lengths.

'I have no responsibilities here whatsoever'

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow