Buying a PEN while waiting for OMD

Started Mar 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
sderdiarian
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,207Gear list
Like?
Re: Buying a PEN while waiting for OMD
In reply to Just Having Fun, Mar 16, 2012

I apparently like small Olympus IL bodies, have an E-510, E-620, recently bought an E-PM1 and plan to buy an E-M5 after the first firmware upgrade (I figure give them 3-4 months to sort thru any initial teething pains).

I think the E-PM1 and E-M5 naturally compliment each other. Given the Olympus bodies' small size and weight, I often take two along to reduce lens swapping, lately the E-620 and E-PM1. I use the 4/3's adapter and love the flexibility it provides in using my 9-18mm, 40-150mm and even at times 70-300mm 4/3's lenses as well.

The E-PM1 is my favorite take-anywhere, and the E-M5 will add a full capability weather-sealed body to bring most places as well. I also find the E-PM1 to be no slouch in IQ, clearly better images than my E-620, and I expect the E-M5 to offer a small discernible improvement along with the ability to shoot in a broader range of light conditions and weather.

I wouldn't be surprised if Olympus at some point sold them together as a full-flexibility 2-body kit!
--
Sailin' Steve

sderdiarian's gear list:sderdiarian's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow