Started Mar 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Andrew Ellis
Regular MemberPosts: 162
Like?
Just completed by personal FX dream team lens collection
Mar 15, 2012

I today purchased the final part of my personal FX dream team in the Nikon 16-35 F2.8 AFS VR.

I tried out the 14-24, which was über sharp, however the bulbous front element and physical size and weight (as well as the considerable additional expense), made me look at the 16-35. Tried it out in the shop and outside, and whilst obviously not as wide as the 14mm, it's plenty wide for me, and as I intend using it for landscapes, the lack of F2.8 didn't bother me. Tried it out since I got home and boy is it sharp, corner to corner and throughout the entire focal range. I obviously got one of the perfect ones

This lens joins my current triumvirate of the Nikon 24-70 F2.8 AF-S, 70-200 F2.8 AF-S VR II and the 105mm F2.8 VR micro Nikkor.

Am now a well happy chap, and hopefully they will all work just as well on my D800 when I get one later in the summer (after the initial surge), as they do on my D3 and D300.
--
Forget the make, use your camera, take pictures...

Nikon D3 Nikon D300 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow