Started Mar 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cgarrard
Forum ProPosts: 14,191Gear list
Like?
K20D- Is it just me?
Mar 15, 2012

For those of you that have a K20D and other Pentax DSLR or SLR, do you find it to be a sort of unique experience?

My two favorite DSLRS to date (if pushed to a decision) are the K20D and K5, followed closely behind by the KM7D.

All three cameras have a unique and satisfying shooting experience- but the K20D really stands out to me. Hey if you're offended at me beating this dead horse I'm sorry but I just love the K20D to death.

One thing that seems all Pentax cameras have in common is that they seem wholly minimalistic while at the same time being wholly modifiable- and its such a unique dynamic experience wise.

The K20D is the epitome of that dynamic in my opinion- and I can truly say I just love using it. I still kick myself in the teeth for selling the first one I bought- but I think I had to do that in order to really feel the magnetic draw of the K20D so I'd never pull that stupid move again.

I'm never satisifed with just one camera for every purpose. But there are only a handful that I've ever used wherein if I were stuck on an island with just one camera, I'd be most happy with.

K20D is right there on that list.

Not only does it feel perfect in my hands (both of them), but it has just enough features to keep most of my needs fully satisfied, and just enough performance to make the kind of images I like to make.

Carl

http://photographic-central.blogspot.com/

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude; nothing can help the man with wrong one."
-Thomas Jefferson

Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-m (K2000)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow