ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
blitze
Junior MemberPosts: 47
Like?
Thanks to forum for important help
Mar 15, 2012

Just a little background first.

Moved to Finland after being involved in digital printing in Australia for quite some time. Started up same business in Finland starting with Xerox equipment and last year before Christmas, after having requests for Printed poster jobs from clients, I decided to invest in an Epson Stylus Pro 7890.

Bought from a net supplier in Northern Europe and, took a couple months for the equipment to arrive but, arrive it did just a couple days before Christmas. The fun began when it came time to buy supplies for the printer. Epson Fi runs an online shopping portal through their EU operation. The online supply shop only accepts payment via credit card for Finnish clients. Well, end of the day, 3 good cards later and no ability to purchase supplies for my new printer, ink or paper.

I was able via my xerox supplier to get limited supply of ink carts and eventually some 24" roll stock from Epson but this arrived 2 and a half months after initially trying to purchase supplies. I basically fell flat on my face with my plans for large format printing and though I had purchased for myself a large brick.

Turning to here I discovered alternatives to OEM supplies and how to deal with issues with the printer. I have since purchased a full set of ink refillable carts and .5 litre bottles of K3 Ink from John Cone of Cone Color of which I have swapped out the OEM factory shipped supply with these and had no issue. My Xerox supplier has also pointed me to HP Roll Stock of which I have been greatly impressed with their everyday pigment ink satin photo roll paper. I run it on the Lustre Photo 260gsm setting on the 7890 and the results are great.

I have followed information here on colour management with the large format printers with great results although I need to invest in profiling equipment for the printer at some stage but I want something I can use with the Xerox Digital production printer I have as well as the Epson. When budget allows.

To say that what I have read here and learnt in the last two to three months, since my frustration with Epson EU began, has salvaged my sanity - is no short thing. I really like the Epson 7890 printer but am very disappointment in their lack of support and supply availability and purchasing. This forum has been invaluable as have the links posted here on Large Format topics from other sites and suppliers.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow