Weddings and RAW Files for Clients

Started Mar 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
elavoie
Forum MemberPosts: 63Gear list
Like?
Re: Doesn't this thread
In reply to DUMB4SS, Mar 15, 2012

This is incorrect. Most pros have actually said yes to providing RAW files in a various quantities and only one of those wanted to charge extra. The better photograhers had some flexibility and were able to express their concerns about providing them and tended to want a good explanation of my intentions before agreeing to the files.

It turns out that the two photographers that told me no RAW files with no explanation also were not as good as the rest I talked to. Their pictures were clearly not as good and they seemed much less proficient with both their gear and Photoshop.

Finally, it the younger photographers were willing to give out as many RAW files as I wanted with no resistance.

So, I'd guess that more pros are going to be willing to give out RAW files in greater quantities as time goes on.

DUMB4SS wrote:

illustrate nicely the potential disconnect between the public and the photographer?

Especially when it is a photographer who is unable to accept that all of the pro's have said NO to his unreasonable request.
--
Never forget that you're totally unique, Just like everyone else.

elavoie's gear list:elavoie's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus PEN E-PL3
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow