Let's Play a Game: Which is which? (5d3 vs D800)

Started Mar 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rick Knepper
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,897Gear list
Like?
Re: Let's Play a Game: Which is which? (5d3 vs D800)
In reply to Legion5, Mar 15, 2012

I can't tell you which camera these samples came from (could be a digital Rebel for all I know -on both sides- and you are really pulling our leg :)), but the right-hand images appear sharper to me. As I commented in another thread, asking an end-viewer to compare images from different cameras is not useful other than as a parlor trick. Some will be fooled into drawing a conclusion from such a comparison. The best comparison of two systems is in the hands of the individual shooter since how to present an image in its final state to the viewer is his/her perogative anyway. A multitude of conclusions can be expected then.

Although I understand your intent, I wish you had not equalized the color and contrast. Sort of obscures the usefulness of the comparison and why I used the term "appear" above.

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, photography never for sale, check my profile for gear list and philosophy.

Rick Knepper's gear list:Rick Knepper's gear list
Nikon D3X Nikon D800E Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow