S1, S2, S3, S5 Wednesday thread, 2012.03.14

Started Mar 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kevin P Kitching
Senior MemberPosts: 2,231Gear list
Like?
Yorkshire
In reply to claypaws, Mar 15, 2012

Well, I have a fondness of the Dales which spans almost 40 years! Varied scenery and weather - in fact, Saturday we had sunshine, wind, rain, mist... all four seasons in the one day!

I'm resident in Morley now, just south of Leeds so I have easy access to the Dales and the pennines around Huddersfield (my girlfriend lives over that direction).

It was good to use the S3 for a change - I've become so used to the Nikons that I had forgotten how light the S3 is in the hands, and how quickly it falls asleep and how only one button will wake it up!

One of these days I'll do identical shots with Fuji v Nikon to see what the differences really are... I know that the Nikons will produce more resolution (even the D2H seems as sharp as the S3 - if not sharper). I've done that a few years ago when some thought the images from the D2H were actually shot on the S3 - even when posted as 100% crops!

Of course, as the cameras are now profiled, they should all produce the same colour in the post processing... we shall see!

It's good to be back! (Although I do look in a couple of times when I have the chance, but we seem to me drownond in the 'X' files!!)

-- hide signature --

Kevin P Kitching

Kevin P Kitching's gear list:Kevin P Kitching's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S2500HD Nikon Coolpix P7100 Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
GulpNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow