Started Mar 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
IcyVeins
Senior MemberPosts: 1,342Gear list
Like?
Anyone miss digital?
Mar 15, 2012

I know several years ago a poster here asked about how much people missed film, during the digital age. Well now that the digital age is well behind us, I'm wondering if anyone still misses the thrill of taking that tiny little SD card out of the camera, plugging it into the card reader, and watching the screen light up with hundreds or even thousands of brightly colored thumbnails? (Pretty sure the black and white fad died out with film too). Why I remember back when we had cameras with all these buttons on the front and had to press a different one for each setting, it was quite a maze.

Nowadays we can just take perfect images with our mind and control exposure mentally and with ocular implants, but back in the day you had to be an EXPERT at navigating all the different controls to take great photos. I think wedding photography died out completely about 5 years ago when the implants let people shoot their own weddings with their brain. We can even use parallax ghosting technology to photograph ourselves. That innovation led people to melt down their tripods and sell the remains to the scrap heap.

One of the annoying things about digital was all the wires, cables, accessories, etc, but some people called gearheads LOVED that stuff. Of course now we just download aps to our brain but in the digital age, people paid thousands of dollars to get that kind of high end performance.

So do you guys miss digital? Or are you happy with perfection?

IcyVeins's gear list:IcyVeins's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W290
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow