My first model shoot with the a77...

Started Mar 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Simelane
Forum MemberPosts: 81Gear list
Like?
Re: My first model shoot with the a77...
In reply to JusLookN, Mar 15, 2012

Great pics... I like the black and white ones more...

I'm not sure why the colour ones are so "orangie" but I have seen a similar yellowing in my pictures when shooting brown skin tones with a Flash.

I am no expert at portraits or people photography for that matter (in fact I am hardly even a weekend amateur) but I love tinkering with image and video editing and have found that I get much better mileage with the least amount of makeup on faces and touching up skin blemishes, marks, etc. in post processing.

Of course the foregoing statement does not apply to things like lip or eye liners and any other accentuating makeup you wish to apply - I'm just referring to things like foundations, facial packs, powders, etc. used to cover uneven skin tones, blemishes, marks, etc. I just find you lose a lot of skin texture and character (such as a defining wrinkle, a twinkle of laughter on the edges of a model's eyes, a worry crease on a serious face) by covering it up in a way that limits your post processing options.

Simelane's gear list:Simelane's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS10 Sony SLT-A77 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow