ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Poxywallow
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Next Lens for "Beginner"
Mar 15, 2012

Hello, everyone--

I own a Canon T2i and Tamron 28-300mm F3.5-6.3, which I originally purchased just to take a few nice pictures while travelling abroad last year. I work in a news and public relations office, however, and have started undertaking photo tasks as part of my writing. I am beginning my collection of lenses, not my use of cameras.

My poor 28-300, as fine as it is, just isn't up to par with the professional photographer who also work in our office and use Nikons. My pictures look, understandably, dark, active, and not nearly as sharp. While I'm not looking to match their quality of picture, I would like to be a little less embarrassed each time a photo of mine pops up on the website's homepage. To be clear: it is more the lens and less the user. When using their equipment (on the infrequent occasion that I can nick a few photos) the results are stunning.

If I have $1350 or so to spend, what would you suggest I get in terms of lenses? Most of my pictures are indoors in mid-level light as portraits, group portraits, and slow-moving action shots. I sense, however, that some sports work is coming my way next month. I am not permitted to use flash. I'd be happy consolidating into one lens if it would get the job done, as I do think that one superb lens would outweigh three mediocre lenses.

I came close to buying a 70-200mm F2.8L, but was wary of a combination of such a heavy, high-quality lens with my paltry t2i camera.

Thanks!

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow