Started Mar 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Oscarroos
Senior MemberPosts: 2,914Gear list
Like?
Need some basic advice on LR 4 & NX2
Mar 15, 2012

Caveat: I'm an old style photographer from Nikon F 3 days who has been fortunate to have the resources to move up to modern Digital cameras. I own a D-200/700 and waiting for D-800. I own two computers one a new laptop with 128GB SSD and 2nd gen i7 processor and 8 GB RAM with good graphics card.

I'm learning Nikon Capture NX 2 and my photos are getting better (I shoot NEF and JPEG). I'm doing basic post processing in NX 2 and liking the improvements in my photos. I bought Color Efex Pro 3 plug- in for NX 2 and can see potential there.

My questions are these:

1) I have a free upgrade to Color Efex Pro 4 and for PS, Elements and LR 4. I have read conflicting information on advantages of LR if one already has NX 2. I do not feel I'm ready for PS.

a) What advantages do I have to purchase Light Room 4?

b) How can I use both LR 4 AND NX 2 to my advantage?

I finally have some spare time (retired 3 months ago) to spend on post processing but my LOVE is taking photos BUT I do have time to finally learn Post Processing (yes I really do see the difference).

Will LR 4 help someone like me?

Lastly - How is it advantages to use LR (4) and NX 2 together to enhance the process?

Thank you and I hope this makes sence after 1/2 bottle of wine after dinner .

Thank you

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22388579@N08/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67660656@N03/sets/72157627576100801/

Oscarroos's gear list:Oscarroos's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 5700 Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 +13 more
Samsung i7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow