Nikon 70-200 VRI vs Sigma 70-200 OS

Started Feb 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
mukeshk
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Re: Nikon 70-200 VRI vs Sigma 70-200 OSnd
In reply to 4x4fun, Mar 15, 2012

Sigma I suppose has earned a pretty bad name for its quality stigma. You can scarcely feel confident with a brand that has left trails of bad experience on deliverance. Well.. my experience has been somewhat different. I am a recent of owner of both Sigma 85 1.4 and 70-200 os and owning these two lenses has been a sheer delight. May be I am lucky to have got flawless pieces or may be, Sigma has tightened their QC feeling responsible towards their customers.

From my experience 70-200 os is excellent in all departments barring that it is not razor sharp wide open at 2.8. But then it is sharp..sharp enough for me to wonder if an additional $1000 is worth that you can achieve by a slight tweak on most post processing software (specially when you are shooting raw and don't take pride in saying that it is straight out of the camera)! The focusing is instant, image stabilization good enough to give 90% keeper at 1/15 sec at 200 mm, gives good contrast good colours... and so on. Yes Nikon V II is God of 70-200, but then may be I lack in devotion and of course do not have extra wads of money to offer to the brand God.

My only caveat would be - in case you decide in favor of OS.. go to a reliable re-seller. I would suggest faith but not blind faith..

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow