Subway Passing

Started Mar 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Alan K. Thompson
Regular MemberPosts: 122
Like?
Re: Subway Passing
In reply to Mentor_1, Mar 15, 2012

Mentor, thanks for taking another look. I am not looking for anyone to say the photo is great. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don't think it is one of the best I ever took either, but I thought is was interesting when I captured it (at 60 mph) it was kind of cool at the time. Here are a few of mine that I do like. Alan

Mentor_1 wrote:

Alan, I looked again and see nothing I did not see before. If I was to say I liked it would it help you improve? I think not but don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be an @ss as so many others here in DPR. You are trying to do something very difficult and I commend you for that and hope you keep trying but for me to say it's a great shot or anything else would be false for me and not helpful for you. It is very difficult to get a photo they conveys a sense of speed or passing and you gave it a go but in this instance it has not worked. It is hard enough to capture that with a stationary background but you can only get an apparently stationary foreground and no idea of what is coming and quite when. I am not one for trying these shots but I think had a slightly slower shutter speed been employed it would have given a bit more speed blur but still keep the vague silhouette. Keep trying and you will succeed. Once again I commend you for attempting a difficult shot, keep trying and keep posting and never let the old ogres as myself deter you.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow