Started Mar 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PHOTOJOE55
Regular MemberPosts: 405Gear list
Like?
The savings from shooting digital will be lost using a quality printer
Mar 15, 2012

The money we were saving by shooting digital, with a home quality printer are completely lost if we make good quality prints at home. It sounds like it's good to have an everyday printer, and a good quality printer for the fewer better photographs. But there's the problem of the ink drying up if you don't use it enough.

HP Claimed that their cartridges did not use all of the ink, because the pictures that were printed with the last 1/4 of the ink, were not meeting the level of quality that their printers were capable of. I would rather be the judge of that because if they didn't look good enough, we only lost the paper.

I got spoiled with the co. that I work for, they did the prints we designated.

I keep thinking about one of Kodaks last commercials (& on the box) that Kodak claimed their printers are the lowest cost to operate. I don't know what model, but I did read that on a Kodak Printer box.

PHOTOJOE55's gear list:PHOTOJOE55's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 +14 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow