Would you buy a D700 today and at what price?

Started Mar 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mukNY
Regular MemberPosts: 151Gear list
Like?
Would you buy a D700 today and at what price?
Mar 14, 2012

I am in the (un)fortunate situation to be in the market for an FX camera. I sold all my DX equipment because I got a good price for it. I have a few nice FX lenses waiting.

My original idea was to buy a new D700 now that the prices have come down. I am not so sure anymore if this is a good idea. While there is a significant price difference to the D800, it may not be enough to justify in older technology. So my dilemma is, should I get a new D700 now (refurbished prices have not come down, used prices from reputable retailers haven't either) or should I put my name on the list for a D800 with the likely consequence that I will not have a camera for quite some time. I could of course buy the D700 now and upgrade in a year or so, but I am afraid I would loose a lot of money since D700 prices will probably come down significantly a year after the D800 introduction.

Anyone out there in the same situation?

mukNY's gear list:mukNY's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +1 more
Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow