ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bruce Alan Foster
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?
Gymnastics - Advice
Mar 14, 2012

Hi All

I mainly photograph portrait and lifestyle work for a living, but do quite a lot of other stuff for fun.

Last year I did a summer doing surfing photography for Harlyn Surf School in Cornwal.
That was fun.

I am speaking with a Gymnastics school about taking photos during their lessions, to sell to the parents.

I do some school photography and have a really good workflow for proof cards, online sales and pack delivery.

I dont have any Gymnastics experience, so I popped down to do an experimental photoshoot.

As expected, flash is not an option.

I know for one on one photoshoots, this is ok, but it isnt while there are 100 students using equipment.

I took my D300s and Nikon 24-78 F2.8.

It wasnt fast enough, so I am going to go back for a quick tester using my 85mm Prime 1.8 lens.

That ought to help !!

Now, I was thinking of taking some constant lights, so I could set up on one piece of equipment and get a decent direction to the lighting and do a decent job.

I even debated the odds of using a couple of these ultra-powerfull night lights that mountain bikers use, with a diffuser in front.

I dont think I am trying to creat 'loads' of light, but enough direction to make the photos looks better than they do without any lighting.

I did also wonder about some of these constant lights from ebay (I am in the UK), they often do packages with soft boxes.

Has anyone any advice before I buy something unsuitable ?

Advice on how to approach the work and what lighting to use would be really helpful.

Bruce Foster
http://www.brucefosterphotography.co.uk

Nikon D300S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow