6400--who really shoots up there.

Started Mar 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
azoele
Contributing MemberPosts: 629
Like?
Re: 6400--who really shoots up there.
In reply to Robert Enger, Mar 14, 2012

Robert Enger wrote:

Just interested in who really shoots at that speed... Thanks.
--
rrce

Up there, and much higher, on D3s: when your camera can do that, you'll be surprised at how many new shots you can take, and you'll love the new possibilities.

You'd be amazed at the number of things you can shoot at iso 3200/6400 with a 1.4 lens maintaining excellent image quality.

Family portraits in dimly lit rooms or restaurants, jazz concerts, night/indoor sports, cityscapes... everything.

If Sony decides to use the D800 Sensor (their design) in a new full frame body, I'm sure loads of people will go ballistic about how it shoots iso 3200/6400 (it seems to be better than D700, and almost D3s like in the Nikon camp).

The funny thing? I was limiting myself to 1600 mostly, as with the D700 that's where you still have great colour and low noise, and had learned so well to use it, that I was afraid to buy the D3s (for what? who shoots iso12800)? Two days afterwards – literally – a new photographic world opened before my eyes
So: never say never!!!

Lory

-- hide signature --

'The human race is a race of cowards. And I'm not only marching in that procession, but carrying a banner.'
Mark Twain

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
I doNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow