How will I know that my D800 has been unmolested?

Started Mar 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
mosman
Contributing MemberPosts: 877Gear list
Like?
I wasn't the first on the D3
In reply to DocS, Mar 14, 2012

I turned down the chance to be first on the store list for the D3 when rumors started circulating - I was searching for a Noct at the time - but subsequently ended up second or third to get one depending on which one of us got to the store first. I got the call that two had arrived and went to pick it up.

When I got there I was checking through the contents when a guy alongside me made some comment along the lines of 'I wouldn't mind one of those, but it's out of my price range. Can I take a look?' I passed the body over and said 'Knock yourself out' and continued to check the contents of the box while he fired off a few frames. With everthing there that should have been I paid, thanked the store owner, and left. He was happy, the guy in the store was happy, and so was I.

While you clearly don't want something that's been abused, using a reputable store you have a relationship with should ensure that situation doesn't occur. If you're really concerned check the shutter actuations with something like Opanda.

Have fun with the new toy, but don't forget it's a means to an end not an end in itself.

mosman

mosman's gear list:mosman's gear list
Nikon D3 Nikon D3X Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow